Discussion Board GALS Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://gals-action-11th.forumotion.com

Week 7: Leadership Basics Empty Week 7: Leadership Basics

Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:09 am
Focus Questions: “Introduction: Make Good Trouble”

What Does Jones describe as a “Professional Troublemaker”? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:

Where does her “Professional Trouble making” come from? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:

Explain the Influence Jones' grandmother had on her? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:
How did fear play a role in Jones’s Journey? Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:

What did she realize about fear and how it influenced her? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:

Why did Jones write this book? What is its purpose? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:

Opinion Based Questions: Your experiences, and thoughts after the reading

What is ONE way YOU could be a “Professional Troublemaker”? (be as specific as possible)
izzijamison

Week 7: Leadership Basics Empty Re: Week 7: Leadership Basics

Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:54 pm
What Does Jones describe as a “Professional Troublemaker”? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer: a professional trouble maker is someone who is trying to make a polite change in the text it says," and is committed to being art of the positive change."

Where does her “Professional Trouble making” come from? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer: jones got the trouble maker gene from her grandmother, the text says,"my grandmother ... was the one I saw growing up."

Explain the Influence Jones' grandmother had on her? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:the influence that carried on to Jones was that her grandmother was Neve afford to speak her mind

How did fear play a role in Jones’s Journey? Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer: fear played a role in jones's journey because she was always afraid to speak er mind but she believes that is to not allow fear to make you do less (fearless) the text says" speaking truth to power, aren't doing it without power." this is showing that she is scared but doing it anyway.

What did she realize about fear and how it influenced her? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer: fear never stopped her from speaking her truth.

Why did Jones write this book? What is its purpose? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer: she wrote the book for herself for when she needed to read it but also gives access to other people to read so she can share. "this book is for me"

what influenced her to share this instead of keeping it just for her?

What is ONE way YOU could be a “Professional Troublemaker”? (be as specific as possible) I can be a professional trouble maker by standing up for myself and what I believe in!!!
Velipadilla

Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:24 pm
What Does Jones describe as a “Professional Troublemaker”? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer: well she describes a professional troublemaker as a person who brings chaos into any room they are in.” That person is a troll. A professional troublemaker is someone who speaks just to hurt someone else”.

Where does her “Professional Trouble making” come from? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:

Explain the Influence Jones' grandmother had on her? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer: well that’s who she constantly watched and who told her that she could be loved still.
How did fear play a role in Jones’s Journey? Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:I guess all the struggles and and “fear is gods way of making sure we’re not being utterly stupid” but fear has change her life for the better because it stopped her from making a lot of bad Decisions

What did she realize about fear and how it influenced her? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:it led her to the right people.

Why did Jones write this book? What is its purpose? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:
“The book is a middle finger up to fear” she wanted to write her story on her imma grant life and her struggles

What is ONE way YOU could be a “Professional Troublemaker”? (be as specific as possible) I can’t stand up for what I believe in and what I think is right
addie f

Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:23 pm
What Does Jones describe as a “Professional Troublemaker”? - A professional trouble maker is someone who wants to make change for the better even if it means being uncomfortable or upset. She says in the book, "A professional troublemaker is someone who knows this world can be better than it currently is and is committed to being a part of the positive change"

Where does her “Professional Trouble making” come from? - A lot of what she's learned comes from her ancestors and especially her grandma. She picks up professional trouble making from her grandma. She wrote, "But it's also because I come from a long line of professional troublemakers. My grandmother Olúfúnmilayo Fáloyin* was the one I got to see as I was growing up." Explaining that she picked up her voice and her confidence from her grandma.

Explain the Influence Jones' grandmother had on her? - The influence her grandmother had on her was teaching her and showing her how to use her voice in an impactful way rather than a hurtful way. She was often inspired by her grandmother and learned the ability to make trouble in a way that will have a positive impact. It says in the book, "When I really give it thought, I realize I got a generation's worth of courage from Grandma."

What did she realize about fear and how it influenced her?- She realized that fear was not a reason to stop and it often led her to the people she needed to be around or needed her. "Or doing the thing that led to me meeting the right per- son. Or doing the thing that allowed someone else to do the thing that changed their life." This shows how, despite being scared, you can still inspire and be inspired by other people.

Why did Jones write this book? What is its purpose? - She wrote this book for herself to remember all the things that are hard to hold on to, and to inspire other people to live life to the fullest without letting fear stop them. "This is also a book I need now, in the times when I'm not feeling so bold. It's a book from me to me that I'm letting other people read."

What is ONE way YOU could be a “Professional Troublemaker”? - I can speak my truth and make sure that fear doesn't stop me from doing what's important.
Dysnomia

Week 7: Leadership Basics Empty Dysnomia - Week 7

Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:56 pm
What Does Jones describe as a “Professional Troublemaker”? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:
A professional trouble maker is someone who knows the world can be better and actively questions why its not. She says that its someone who cant sit with wrong things happening around them.

She said it came from her grandmother, who spoke her mind and made space for herself when others didn't make it for her.

Explain the Influence Jones' grandmother had on her? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:
her grandmother told her that she could still be herself and be loved.

How did fear play a role in Jones’s Journey? Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:
fear is something to keep us safe, but she says it's also the thing that holds us back from having simple confrontations with people you care about out for fear of being disliked.

What did she realize about fear and how it influenced her? - Provide text evidence from chapter to support answer:
fear is not something you can fully get rid of, but you can practice not letting it hold you back from doing what's right. "this book is a middle finger up to fear"

to help not only other people but herself to find confidence in shaking things up.

What is ONE way YOU could be a “Professional Troublemaker”? (be as specific as possible)
one way I can be a professional y trouble maker is to continue to speak up and out when people are wronging me or others and to not let myself or anyone else be subject to any negativity coming from the world.
Yassine

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:49 pm

Jones describes a "Professional Troublemaker" as someone who is willing to make positive change, wanting others to do better, and being yourself.

Jones “Professional Trouble making” comes from being able to be honest, authentic, and speaking for what's right and not following the normal tide; being a rebel for the greater good.

The influence Jones Grandmother Had on her was being the chairswoman for No Chill Enterprises. She takes up the role by taking up space and being able to be  direct with people but also open-hearted, open handed and being able to speak the truth without coming off as rude.

Fear plays a role in Jones Journey because she believed that fear could have stopped her from life-altering moments, meeting other people whose lives also could have been altered, or meeting the right person.

What Jones realized about fear is it stays with us, fear never goes away, and no one is ever fearless. She used this to influence her because it made her unafraid of speaking the truth and facing the “consequences” with using her voice.

Jones wrote this book to speak to individuals who are afraid of making the good change that makes people look like the bad guy because they are afraid of the consequences and confronting the real problems.  The purpose of the book is to get people to do more action and use their voices for greater change so that we can see a greater world.

In a bigger concept one way I can be a professional Troublemaker is by reaching to my peers and getting them to use their voices in political settings that affect our generation. Also, the way I can be a professional thinker in a small setting is probably letting my friends know that whenever they're not doing something good I speak up and tell them about it and encourage them not to do it.
Jane Swanson

Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:03 am
someone who wants to change the world for the better, they speak their mind and are themselves

she was inspired by her grandma

her grandma gave her courage, it states she gave her generations of courage

it drove her to write this book and meet people that helped her

that its there but you should continue to move on even if its there

to empower her and other people with it

im confident but i have more growth to do

speak up for myself
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum