Discussion Board GALS Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://gals-action-11th.forumotion.com

Week 5: The Key Word is Trust Empty Week 5: The Key Word is Trust

Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:51 pm
Research Questions: Use your internet browsers to define the words below

Define the term “Empathy” - Include all provided definitions

Define the term “Logic”- Include all provided definitions

Define the term “Authenticity”- Include all provided definitions

Focus Questions: “The Importance of Building Trust” by Department of Agricultural Economics, Sociology, and Education Penn State

- Based on the article define “Effective Communication” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e. self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible

- Based on the article define “Transparency of processes”  - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e. self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible

- Based on the article define “Sharing information widely”  - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:

- Based on the article define “Engaging Stakeholders in meaningful ways”  - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e . self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible
Jane Swanson

Week 5: The Key Word is Trust Empty Re: Week 5: The Key Word is Trust

Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:46 am
the ability to understand and share the feelings of another

reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.

the quality of being authentic.

Focus Questions: “The Importance of Building Trust” by Department of Agricultural Economics, Sociology, and Education Penn State

- Based on the article define “Effective Communication” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:
being able to talk effectively and being able to understand others better so you can get what you want to say across better

if we can hear and understand what others are saying then miscommunications will stop and we will have more trust in others. also if we hear everyone then we can get everyone's opinions on everything which is necessary for building community

- Based on the article define “Transparency of processes” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:
being open and honest of everything you will do, not having other ulterior motives and allowing other people opinions in the matter

if you are open and honest about everything people will trust you a lot more. a lot of powerful people have ulterior motives so one will most definitely have trust if you're open and honest without a hidden agenda

- Based on the article define “Sharing information widely” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:
having everyone know the information, not just some people, and everyone knowing each other's perspectives.

if you dont share information with everyone then the people not included will see this as unjust, this will lead to less trust in the community, people like to stay informed and when their not they feel disconnect from the community

- Based on the article define “Engaging Stakeholders in meaningful ways” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:
including and recognizing stakeholders for their contributions will help them feel included and that will build trust

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e . self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible
allowing people to be in places they want to be and recognizing their contributions will help build trust because they will feel heard, you can use this knowledge in your personal life because everyone wants to be treated this way
izzijamison

Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:27 pm

Define the term “Empathy” - empathy is the ability to share and understand the feelings of others. this word is important to me, its like instead of saying "I'm sorry" you crawl down into the hole with them and sit for a while.

Define the term “Logic”- logic is reasoning or assessed about something

Define the term “Authenticity”- is the quality of being authentic, like in ones self you are fully authentic if you are fully yourself.

- Based on the article define “Effective Communication” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer: being able to talk effectively and being able to understand others better so you can get what you are trying to say in a more clear way.

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e. self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible I can connect trust to my everyday life like, trusting that our teachers are going to keep us safe, or trusting your friends to keep your secrets safe.

- Based on the article define “Transparency of processes” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer: being honest and open as you move through life, while also allowing others to do the same with others opinions, thoughts etc.

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e. self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible- I can connect this to my everyday life with trust by trusting that I should be moving through my life without lies and trusting myself that I am secure in my own opinions

- Based on the article define “Sharing information widely” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer: everyone knowing ALL of the information not just part of it, while also being able to listen to how others perceive that information.

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e. self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible, this connects to trust in the community because you can do your best to trust that the information you are taking in and being told is true, like the sense of transparency of processes that if you are being honest you can trust that maybe others are too.

- Based on the article define “Engaging Stakeholders in meaningful ways” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer: engaging stakeholders by making them feel seen and included for what they do so that it will help build trust.

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e . self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible, this is seen in everyday life because if you recognize and include people it will help make people more trusting in you because they feel seen.
Yassine

Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:02 am
The term Empathy means the ability to sense other people's emotions, coupled with the ability to imagine what someone else might be thinking or feeling.

The term Logic is the study of correct reasoning.

The term Authenticity means the quality of being authentic.; being legit.

Based on the article  “Effective Communication”  means the ability to have a clear concise conversation with someone and they then can receive your information and provide engagement efforts.

This can connect to trust because with clear engagement and proper communication, you can build that trust that can be secured by any involved parties.

- Based on the article define “Transparency of processes”  - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:
Based on the article “Transparency of processes” means the process of having a understood conversation with no hidden agenda. It's just being clear and truthful to the with people to converse with.

This trust can connect in our everyday lives because whenever you're honest in any conversation, you can build trust with the person you're talking to because they will have the honor of holding that trust you give them.

- Based on the article define “Sharing information widely”  - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:
Based on the article "Sharing information widely" means sharing information among everyone and there is a common understanding of the information given from all perspectives.

This can connect to trust in our everyday lives because if people can share the same information without being left out and have the same information received , this can build a sustained trust.

- Based on the article define “Engaging Stakeholders in meaningful ways”  - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:
Based on the article "Engaging Stakeholders in meaningful ways" is the involvement of including others and the effort of being consistent with people's perspective.

How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e . self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible
This can connect to trust in our everyday lives because if everyone can connect to a conversation and be involved with also understanding everyones perspective it can further build more trust.
Velipadilla

Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:01 am

Basic communication but needs to be understood on both sides

Define the term “Logic”- Include all provided definition is correct reasoning.

[legit]

Based on the article “Effective Communication” means the ability to have a clear conversation with someone and they then can receive your information WITHOUT THE STRUGGLE OF TRYING TO UNDERSTAND.

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e. self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible- Clear and respectful communication shows empathy and understanding,
mutual respect among team members, leading to the development of trusting and supportive relationships

- Based on the article define “Transparency of processes” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:
Based on the article “Transparency of processes”. It's just being clear and truthful to the with people to conversate and-or pretty much being blunt.

Trust and be blunt is always good so everyone always know how you feel

- Based on the article define “Sharing information widely” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:
Based on the article "Sharing information widely" means sharing information with everyone

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e. self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possibleYou don’t wanna feel left out and wanna make sure everyone can get that type of information

- Based on the article define “Engaging Stakeholders in meaningful ways” - Provide text evidence from article to support answer:
Based on the article "Engaging Stakeholders in meaningful ways" is the involvement of including others

How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e . self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible
This can connect to trust in our everyday lives because if everyone can be involved it’ll make a better community because everyone is including eachother on those certain things
addie f

Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:16 pm
Research Questions:
Define empathy-
Empathy means to not only sympathize with someone's emotions and situation, but be able to put yourself in their shoes and feel what they are in order to help support them.

Define logic-
Logic is the more sensible explanation that uses evidence to support it.

Define authenticity-
Authenticity means being straight up and genuine

Focus questions: The importance of building trust-
Define "Effective Communication"-
Based on the article this means to be able to have clear communication with someone and being able to listen to what another person has to say as well as them listening to you.

How can this connect to trust?-
This connects to trust because having clear and good communication builds this kind of connection to talk about the important things. Being able to talk about these things freely makes it so much easier to trust and be trusted.

Define "Transparency of Processes"-
Transparency of Processes can mean being so clear with what you need and want to a person you're communicating with. Being honest even if it might not be what someone else wants to hear because it's what you need too.

Again, having this kind of honesty and a good reaction that comes with it makes it so that you can discuss things more easily and feel like you're being heard and like you're receiving what's being said. This builds communication and the trust that comes with it.

Define "Sharing Information Widely"-
This can mean sharing information that feels important with a bigger group of people who can become more of a support system. If you share more with people you trust or want to trust the larger your group of people who are there for you becomes.

This connects to trust because the more you're able to share with people the more they can prove to you they deserve your trust and they deserve yours. The more people are able to listen and support the more people can be trusted.

Based on the article define "Engaging Stakeholders in Meaningful Ways"-
This means including and involving others and being consistent with how you are able to support others.

This connects to trust because including and involving more people builds a much bigger community with more people you can trust and that can trust you,
sarajan24

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:09 pm
logic is the the most reasonable possibility of something

empathy is feeling emotions similar to someone your trying to be there for

authentisisty is being honest or real and not trying to cover or hide something up

based on the article effective communication is having a clear conversation with someone where theres mutual respect and understanding so that points do get across

this connects to trust because at the end both parties will respect eachother and they have a sense of trust in one another because they were able to effectively communicate and not just argue

based on the article transparacy of prosses is being straughtfoward or honest with what you want and if something really is important to you not trying to change your mind or opinion mid conversation

this can connect to trust because being honest with someoene else about what you want will make them feel like you trust them enough to share that and will hopefully lead to mutual trust.

based on the article sharing information widely is basically just sharing stuff with people you trust that could be a support system for you

this leads to trust because when you go people to tell them information about stuff that leads them to belive its a strong reashionship because you trust them enoiugh to tell you stuff so they will trust you enough to tell you stuff

based on the artucle engaging stkeholders in meaningfull ways is basically including other people who you maybe want a trusting relashionship with to your conversations and stuff

this leads to trust because by being inclusive you grow a bigger community and those people who where included by you feel the need to keep your trust and love

BOMBOCLAAT

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:36 pm
Define the term “Empathy” - Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings, thoughts, and experiences of others. It involves putting oneself in someone else's shoes and imagining how they might be feeling or thinking in a particular situation.

Define the term “Logic”- Logic helps us understand how to evaluate arguments and determine whether they are valid or invalid, and whether the conclusions drawn from them are true or false.

Define the term “Authenticity”- Authenticity refers to the quality of being genuine, real, or true to its origin or nature. It involves being honest, trustworthy, and sincere in one's actions, expressions, or representations. An authentic person, object, or experience is considered to be true, original, and not fake or artificial.

- Based on the article define “Effective Communication” - Effective communication involves conveying messages clearly and understandably to achieve desired out comes or mutual understanding among parties.

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e. self trust, trust in others, trust in community - self trust can help us build trust with others which as a community can create trust among more than just each other

- Based on the article define “Transparency of processes” - Transparency fosters trust by allowing individuals to see and comprehend the
inner workings of an entity, such as the Department of Agricultural Economics, Sociology, and Education at Penn State in this case. When processes are transparent, it demonstrates a commitment to accountability and ethical conduct. Stakeholders, whether they are members of the organization, collaborators, or the public, can more easily assess the fairness, integrity, and reliability of the institution

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e. self trust, trust in others, trust in community - transparency is a way of showing trust with people and this can help people understand things

- Based on the article define “Sharing information widely” - Sharing information widely is an imperative for effective engagement and building trust Page 2. It means that in order to foster trust all stakeholders involved in the engagement process should have access to the same information. This includes

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e. self trust, trust in others, trust in community - it shows how much one cares for his or hers community

- Based on the article define “Engaging Stakeholders in meaningful ways” - "Engaging ln stakeholders in meaningful ways refers to involving the engagement process in a manner that acknowledges and respects their perspectives, values their contributions, and utilizes their skills in a way that aligns with their viewpoints.

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e . self trust, trust in others, trust in community - It show that one values others ideas and perspectives/viewpoints Sleep afro
Tessa

Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:38 pm

-The ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

-Reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.

-Being fully trustworthy as according with fact.

Effective communication.
Good communication needs to happen all the time. If people understand what your goals are and have the information they need, the more trust there will be.

I think people will trust you more if you are a good communicator because they believe youre not lying.

Transparency of processes.
People need to be able to understand what you are doing. There should not be any secrets. You need to be honest about how much power people will actually have in making decisions and coming up with solutions.

I believe transparency will help people trust you because they see you aren’t hiding anything.

Sharing information widely.
Effective engagement and trust requires that everyone understands the issue and each other's perspectives as much as possible. If people feel that information is only shared with some, but not all people, it will break trust. This will also happen if some people’s perspectives are left out or forgotten.

I think it is helpful because everyone is on the same page and has the same understanding.

Engaging stakeholders in meaningful ways.
Stakeholders are the people who are connected to the issue. If real connections are made with stakeholders, there will be more trust.

- How can this connect to trust in our everyday lives? i.e . self trust, trust in others, trust in community - Be as specific as possible.

People will see that you actually believe what youre saying.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum